The Christian Education Ministry Team seeks to foster spiritual growth in the following ways:
- Provide a nursery for our youngest ones.
- Coordinate Sunday school for all ages by selecting curriculum, as well as teacher recruitment and training.
- Children’s Worship which includes children’s church and children choir.
- Provide teachers and programming for all ages during our Wednesday Night Gatherings.
- Coordinate Youth Conferences and Retreats.
- Host Vacation Bible School.
- Provide Teacher Appreciation Day and Graduate Recognition.
- Host Promotion Sunday each Fall.
Sunday School 9:30 AM
Sunday School has been around for the past century and yet it remains as one of the best ways for believers to learn and grow in their faith. At Greenwood ARP we offer Sunday School classes for every age group. Our Sunday School classes focus on learning the content of God's word, the doctrines of the faith, and on applying them to every area of our lives.
Children's Sunday School 9:30 AM
All of our children's classes use curriculum from Great Commission Publications.
- Nursery: The Nursery is for children birth through 2 years old.
- Toddlers: The Toddler class is for children ages 2-4 years old.
- Pre-School: The Pre-School class is for children ages 4-1st Grade
- Upper-elementary: The Upper Elementary Class is for children in 2nd-5th Grade.
Youth Sunday School 9:30 AM
There are two Youth Sunday School classes: grades 6-8 and grades 9-12. Classes use various resources to encourage youth to put their faith into action.
Adult Sunday School 9:30 AM
We offer several Adult Sunday School Classes at Greenwood ARP.
- United/Heaner Class: The United/Heaner class uses the Adult Quarterly that is written and published by the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
- Elliott: This class alternates between studying a book on Christian Doctrine, Christian Living, and Christian Devotion.
- Adult: This class has been studying primarily topics of Reformed Theology and Reformed understanding of the Bible.
As a church we seek to come alongside of our parents as they work to teach their children to know and love the Lord. Towards those ends we provide several different discipleship and ministry opportunities for our children throughout the year. Two of those are highlighted below!
Wednesday Night Activities
Each week throughout the school year we gather on Wednesday night for games, music, and study. Families eat together at 6:00 PM and activities for children and study for adults begins around 6:40 PM.
Participating adults in our congregation draw a child’s name each year. They then support this child with prayer and mentorship. Partners meet up on special Wednesday nights to pray together and play games.